New Zealand sourced stock, with full local warranty.
With a sound as flavoursome and richly detailed as a delicious single malt, the hip-dac portable USB DAC/headphone amp delivers the perfect pick-me-up for any music lover on-the-go.
The hip-dac replaces the inferior DAC (Digital-to-Analogue Convertor) and amp circuitry in smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs to vastly improve headphone sound.
Its design and performance set it apart from other DAC/headphone amps in its class. Connect your playback device via USB, plug in your favourite corded headphones or in-ear monitors and the hip-dac delivers a sound brimming with bold dynamism and fluid refinement, effortlessly engaging the listener with all manner of music. In the home, in the office, on a train or plane – the hip-dac is the music lover’s inseparable friend.
Small but mighty
Whether you are curling up in Costa or on your commute, our hip-dac delivers hi-res music with flair.
Thanks to the Burr Brown chip, audio remains ‘bit-perfect’. Music, just as it should be.
The hip-dac supports hi-res PCM up to 384kHz as well as DSD256 and MQA as used by Tidal’s ‘Master’ tier.
Balanced. Because you’re worth it.
Balanced audio circuits mean less unwanted noise.
The hip-dac boasts a balanced, analogue stage to bring you the best musicality for miles around.
It sports a 4.4mm balanced output for balanced headphone cables/connectors.
For those ‘hissy’ IEMs, use the 3.5mm S-Balanced. Enjoy all the benefits of balanced from your single-ended connection.
Feel the Force…
Let it guide your actions…
Our small but mighty hip-dac sports PowerMatch – switchable gain.
Even on the go, adjust input sensitivity to match the level of drive to the load of your headphones.
Leave it off for those those ‘out and about’ IEMs and pop it on for on/over-ear types with relatively low impedance that require more oomph.
It’s still all about the bass…
xBass – our iFi optional sonic adjustment is still very much in vogue and addresses the lack of bass that’s often apparent with in-ears or open back headphones.
Boost that bass, and “bring the booty back” to your iEMs with the hip-dac.
Hip and always on trend
Our in-house team has maxed out the circuitry with bespoke, easy to install firmware to bring you the joyous musicality of hi-res, native audio that suits your priorities and stays cutting edge.
You will never be behind the times.
- Enjoy mind-blowing music at your fingertips quickly and easily with the user-friendly, compact hip-dac
- Connect the hip-dac via USB between your smart device, laptop and corded headphones while out and about
- Hook it up to your PC or Mac at home or in the office
- The hip-dac delivers hi-res, ‘bit perfect’ PCM and DXD up to 384kHz and up to DSD256 DSD256 as well as MQA
- Make the most of your balanced headphones wherever you are with the hip-dac’s 4.4mm sockets
- Reap the benefits of balanced even with normal headphones as the 3.5mm single-ended socket uses our unique S-Balanced technology to cut crosstalk and distortion in half
- The analogue output stage of the hip-dac is a balanced (differential) design which means less interference and crosstalk
- Talior the sound of the hip-dac to your playback priorities with additional, exclusive iFi firmware
- Benefit from PowerMatch – switchable gain – to cater for headphone sensitivity
- Turn on XBass to add missing base to open backed headphones or IEMs
|Formats supported||DSD256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD
|Digital Inputs||USB 3.0 type ’A’
High-Speed Asynchronous USB 2.0, (32bit/384kHz)
|Power Output||2.0V/400 mW @ 16 Ohm|
|Power System||Charging via USB-C, BC V1.2 compliant up to 1000mA charging current|
|Power (max)||<2W idle, 4W max|
|Dimensions||102(l) x 70(w) x 14(h) mm|
|Weight||125g (0.28 lbs)|
- Male USB A > Female USB A cable
- OTG cable type C
- Male USB A > USB C
- Manual card
- Warranty card
- Silicone pads x4